So I was cleaning out our bedroom the other day, and happened to find underneath some components, a cheap Android tablet I purchased a year or two ago for Donna to try out (and maybe for Kenny to favour over the iPad or netbook). It had gradually been getting flakier and flakier, and I knew the last time I used it, it appeared that someone had sat on it or something, as the back cover had popped partially off and took a bit of effort to snap back on.
When I picked it up this time, it was completely apart in layers. Screen, front cover, circuit board and back cover were all simply stacked on one another. This was really odd. I couldn’t figure out how it had happened spontaneously.
I brought it out into the kitchen and lay out the components on the table. That’s when I noticed the batteries…
|One of these batteries is not like the other.|
No wonder the tablet no longer took a charge! Straight to e-waste recycling it went!
Here are a couple of bonus super-moon pictures.