Things were far enough along now that we could bring the sauna stove over closer to its final position.
Grandpa and I loaded it into the bucket of the tractor, and then I followed along while he drove it from the dojo tent to the sauna.
With a clunk, it unceremoniously dropped from the bucket as soon as I tried to adjust the ratchet straps.
Fortunately it was close enough to where we wanted to fire it that we didn’t really have to move it again.
I filled her up with some chunks of surplus building materials, and then went back to work.
Returning later, I opted to help it along with some vigorous blowing. It wasn’t that my fire went out (that’s not to say my fires never go out – on the contrary, they often do!) – it just needed a bit of a boost to burn in a hot and timely fashion.
It smoked merrily away, and the paint on the outside cured with a nasty stink that I was glad wasn’t deposited inside the sauna.
We got it up to what Grandpa deemed to be a decent burn, and then let it go out. Soon we would be prepared to actually get it installed in place!